Friday, September 27, 2013

Eureka!


As within, so without....

Do you know about EFT?  EFT, a.k.a. Emotional Freedom Technique, was developed by a man name Gary Craig.  It is a beautiful way of breaking of energetic blocks and of moving energy through the body.  If we are to bloom, we cannot let ourselves get weighed down by heavy energy.  Our mantra needs to be light, light, light!  Because as within, so without.  In this vein, I am passing on a gift, which I received in my inbox from Dr. Patricia Carrington, an EFT authority par excellence!  I think you will find more ease and flow in your life as you get into practicing this little routine and making it yours.  Enjoy!

 According to Dr. Teresa Lynch, each day has its unique characteristics, lessons and gifts.  Greeting the day and night allows us to connect with their unique energy, on a universal plane, creating a ripple of harmony for ourselves and others.  The exercises below will take you only a couple minutes to do each day and night, but will bring profound balance, healing and energy into your life.

If at all possible, do the activities outside.  If this in impossible however, open the window wide to let the morning and night energies in to do their work.

Greeting the day

Step outside, or up to an open window.  Close your eyes and very gently take a couple deep breaths.  Then greet the day in your way.  For instance, you may want to say something like, “Day, I greet you and your unique energies.  I receive your life force into all my systems, and am excited about discovering all your possibilities.”

Now take a few moments, with your eyes closed, to feel if there is some place in your body where you energy or emotions feel stuck.  Bring your attention to this place and repeat, “Soften and flow” several times, until you feel the energy beginning to move. Then bring your attention back to your breath and repeat, “Day, I greet you.  Thank you for your unique lessons today.”

Now, before stepping back into your day, do this little EFT procedure.  (For those new to EFT, gently tap with the finger tips of one hand, the spot mentioned, while repeating the phrase, and then move on to the next spot and its phrase... Begin by hitting your two karate chop points (directly below the little fingers) together repetitively...

Tap-Along for Greeting the Day (by Pat Carrington)

For this tapping experience begin with the Karate Chop Spot.

Karate Chop Spot:  Even if I am not in the best of moods
…or am tense, or anxious,.. or otherwise not  feeling on top of life...
Inner Eyebrow: I choose to greet you, Day, as an entirely new Being.
Outer eye:  I choose to open to your newness.
Under eye: I choose to know that whatever came before, was before.
Under nose:  …Not now.
Under mouth:  Day, you come upon the scene with an entirely fresh energy
Collarbone: You are new and faultless
Under Arm:  I feel your birth
Top of Head:  I feel your freshness
Inner eyebrow:  I greet your "potential"
Outer eye:  ...knowing it has nothing of the past.
Under eye:  I embrace you, Day, with all your new energy.
Under mouth:  I love you.
Collarbone:  Thank you for bringing me all these new possibilities.

Greeting the night
You can do this at night fall or before you go to bed.

Step outside or up to your open window.  Close your eyes and breathe in the night air and then, from your heart say, “Night, I greet you.  Thank you for the day's journey, its lessons and gifts and thank you for your assistance in clearing away energies into your vast abundance.”  Come back to a moment of stillness before getting on with your night activities.

Tap-Along for Greeting the Night
Karate Chop Spot:  I greet you Night and your ability to take away whatever is no longer needed.
Inner eyebrow:  I greet your ability to absorb into your infinite depths all of the day’s possible disruptions,  confusion or moments of distress.
Outer eye:  I feel you drawing all this up and away from me.
Under eye:  …and into your endless self.
Under nose:  I greet your dark skies that have no beginning and no end
Under mouth:  I embrace the energy of the night that wipes away all that came before, in gentle darkness.
Collarbone:  I greet you, Night.
Under arm:  I feel your immense healing
Top of Head:  I absorb your spirit into my own.
Inner eyebrow:  Thank you, Night, for being here with me

For more information on EFT and the above authors, see the following Web sites:

Patricia Carrington

Teresa Lynch:



No comments: